Coordinating your necklace to your neckline is a subtle trick that creates a huge impact on an outfit. When this pairing is off, it can make your outfit look mismatched and awkward, but choosing the right necklace can instantly pull your look together, creating an effortlessly chic ensemble.
If you’ve been wondering what style of necklace to wear with a boat neck, scoop neck, v neck, crew neck, square neck, button-down, or strapless top or dress, read on for our easy fashion styling tips!
- When you are wearing a necklace which will rest above the shirt, you want the shape of the necklace to reflect the shape of the neckline (angular beads or pendants with a square neck, v-shaped necklaces and pendants with a v neck). When you mix disparate shapes–voluminous round necklaces with a deep v, for example–things start to look “off”.
- Pendants work particularly well with v neck shirts, because the weight of the pendant pulls the chain into a V shape.
- When accessorizing a button-down shirt, chokers are best for people with long necks. A pretty pendant hanging to just above the top button can lengthen the neck and add a bit of flair for those with shorter, wider necks.
- Turtlenecks and boat neck tops look fabulous with long necklaces, layered or individually.
- Crew or jewel necklines are perfect for showing off statement collars and bib-style necklaces.
- Strapless tops or dresses are well-suited to choker necklaces, even for those who don’t have long necks. The extra skin you are showing with this style of top creates the illusion of a longer neck.
Keep these ideas in mind next time you accessorize, and you may find yourself amazed at the big difference a little know-how can create when you apply it to your unique style!
The post Jewelry Styling Tips: How to Choose the Best Necklace for Your Neckline appeared first on Mexicali Blues Blog.