use code SHIPNOW for FREE SHIPPING!

Product Care

 

Our tags say hand wash, which is the best way to increase the lifespan of any garment. Nearly all of our clothing can be washed on a cold delicate cycle in your washing machine and hung or laid flat to dry. Keep reading to learn more about the care of specific items and materials!

 

 


What it means to “dry flat”: Lay the garment on a clean towel and gently roll it up like a jelly roll to extract water. Unfurl and arrange on a dry towel or a mesh rack to finish drying.

 

 

Acrylic

Hand wash or machine wash cold on gentle cycle and lay flat to dry.

 

Alpaca Wool

All of our alpaca items are made from a thread that starts out life as a strand of acrylic, which is then wrapped in alpaca fiber. This makes the sweaters last much longer and stand up to everyday stretching and wearing! Anything made from this should definitely be hand washed and laid flat to dry. If you have wrinkles, a light steam should fix it.

 

Baja Hoodies

Hand wash or machine wash cold on gentle cycle and lay flat to dry.  The weight of the yarn from this sturdy fabric makes them lose their shape if they are hung up while wet.

 

Cotton

Hand or machine wash in cold water with like colors.  Tumble dry if you don’t mind a little shrinkage; otherwise hang or dry flat.

 

Dyed materials

Occasionally we receive items where the dye is not set. As soon as a staff or customer alerts us to this we can make a note on the product. In this case we recommend washing separately by hand for first few washings. Add vinegar & salt to wash for best results.

 

Fleece

Hand or machine wash in cold water with like colors and lay flat to dry.  

 

Polyester

Hand or machine wash in cold water with like colors.  Tumble dry on low or hang to dry.

 

Rayon/Viscose

Rayon and Viscose are one in the same! Viscose is the European word for what we call Rayon. Our tags may list either as the material. Hand or machine wash in cold water with like colors.  Hang or lay flat to dry.

 

Silk Blend

Hand wash in cold water with like colors.  Hang or lay flat to dry.

 

Sterling Silver

What makes up Sterling Silver? 925 sterling is 92.5% silver, with the remaining 7.5% made up of other metals, typically copper. If you aren’t wearing your sterling silver regularly you may notice it will tarnish, turning brown and eventually black. If you haven’t been wearing a piece and it’s begun to look a bit dingy don’t despair! Sterling can easily be polished back to it’s original shine with one of our polishing cloths.

  

Tapestry / Block Print on Cotton

Wash in cold and hang dry.  If dye is not set, we recommend washing separately by hand for first few washings. Add vinegar & salt to wash for best results.

 

Tie Dye & Mudmee

Machine wash in cold water with like colors.  Tumble dry if you don’t mind a little shrinkage (good for some items like leggings, which stretch out as you wear them!); otherwise, hang or dry flat.

 

Wool

Hand wash wool (including blends). Add 2 squirts of a delicates wash to a sinkful of tepid water. Submerge, swish, then soak for 10 minutes. Rinse twice, pressing out the water. Never wring or hang-dry since wet wool stretches easily.

 
Size Chart Popup

Our products are unique, handmade by a number of different craftsmen and don't usually fit the standard sizing "norm". Please see specific product measurements (on each product page) and use this chart as a general guide only! Feel free to contact us with any questions on sizing, any time!

Sizing Chart

(all measurements are in inches)

WOMEN XS SM MD L XL XXL 3XL
CHEST 31-32 33-34 35-36 37-39 40-42 43-45 46-49
WAIST 25-26 27-28 29-30 31-33 34-36 37-39 40-42
HIP 33-34 35-36 37-38 39-41 42-45 46-48 49-51
MEN XS SM MD L XL XXL 3XL
CHEST 33-34 35-36 37-38 39-41 43-44 45-47 48-50
WAIST 27-28 29-30 31-32 33-35 36-38 40-42 43-45
HIP 29-30 31-32 33-34 35-37 38-41 42-44 45-48