Our Mala bead bracelets are not traditionally used for meditation, but are made of the same mala beads as our necklaces, and are strung on stretchy nylon cord. These Mala bracelets make an awesome accessory on their own, or layered with other bracelets. They can also be used for meditative counting and are a good way for those new to meditation to begin practicing!
- Yak Bone - used in practice because the more that death is contemplated the more meaningful life becomes. Yaks are an important animal in Tibet, and to honor their passing their bones are used so that the animal is continuing to be of service as they pass from this consciousness to another.
- Lotus Seed - symbolizes spiritual knowledge and power. The lotus flower grows in the mud and blossoms into a beautiful flower, never getting wet by the water. This type of mala bead in particular helps us to be mindful of our spiritual selves and walk through life unencumbered by the trappings of the material world.
- Rudraksha Seed - brings peace of mind, protects against evil, and brings prosperity. Buddha, the Dalai Lama and Gandhi all wore Rudraksha beads. The beads have electro-magnetic properties similar to magnets.
- Rosewood - associated with the heart chakra, traditionally used for nervous tension, headaches, skin inflammations, and is especially effective in spiritual healing.
- Sandalwood - expect your sandalwood mala to have a soothing fragrance. Sandalwood attracts positive energy and clear perception, and acts as an antidepressant, antiseptic and assists the immune system.
Strung on stretchy cord: Approximately 7" - 10"